Textile recycling program
WCC has a recycle box for used textiles in the parking lot behind Pilgrim Hall. Please support the church and the community by placing your unwanted textiles in the box. This is not like the goodwill, we will take them in any condition. These are collected and recycled by Bay States Textiles. They are either mended and sold to third world countries, turned into wiping cloths, or made into filler material. This reduces the amount of waste going into our landfills. They need to be put in plastic bags before putting them in the box.
Acceptable Items for Recycling
All of the following can be donated in any condition as long as it’s clean and dry:
- Footwear: Shoes, Boots, Sneakers, Heels, Work Boots, Cleats, Pumps, Dress Boots, Slippers, Sandals, Winter Boots, Flip Flops
- Clothing: Tops, Pants, Undergarments, Sweaters, Jeans, Socks, Sweatshirts, Sweatpants, T-Shirts,
- Dresses, Skirts, Slips, Tank Tops, Shorts, Pajama’s, Blazers, Slacks, Coats
- Accessories: Hats, Gloves, Scarfs, Pocketbooks, Duffle Bags, Totes, Belts, Ties, Bathrobes
- Linens: Sheets, Pillows, Comforters, Blankets, Dish Towels, Throw Rugs, Draperies, Table linens,
- Stuffed Animals
In any condition,95% of all textiles can be recycled or reused. Reduce – Reuse – Recycle.
****Items NOT accepted:
Mattresses, Couch Cushions, Lawn Furniture Cushions, Foam Products (mattress pads, etc.), Carpet Remnants, and Rugs (larger than 2’ x 4’).